Talk about timing: This morning this year’s Oscar nominees were announced, and this afternoon the Northfield History Collaborative added an interview with a 1989 Academy Award winner who attended St. Olaf College.
Among the items submitted to the Northfield History Collaborative by our partner, KYMN Radio, is this interview with “Rain Man” co-author Barry Morrow the morning after his win for best original screenplay.
KYMN host Wayne Eddy spoke with Morrow on March 30, 1989. In the audio clip, you’ll hear Eddy and Morrow talk about Morrow’s reaction to winning and experiences at the ceremony.
After you’ve listened to that, browse KYMN’s collection in the Collaborative to check out some more of our latest additions. They include:
- Commercials for the Red Owl grocery store
- Jingles for Dundas State Bank, Enfield Motors, and The Lavender Inn
- Episodes of “The Wayne Eddy Affair” with Al Berkvam (1 & 2), Bob Gill (1 & 2), Fred Dahl (1, second part to come), John Bierman (1, second part to come), Ken Persons, Marv Grundhoefer (1 & 2), Mike Leming (Part 2 only), Norm Butler, and Regina Locus (1 & 2)
- A memorial service for Gov. Karl Rolvaag
- A special episode remembering Northfielder Don McRae; and
- Photographs from the KYMN Radio office when it was located north of town next to its tower.
Watch in the future for us to add more material from KYMN Radio, particularly episodes of “The Wayne Eddy Affair.” Special thanks to the student workers and volunteers who devote time to providing the notes you’ll find under the “page description” about what each broadcast contains.